If you are a journalist looking for background on maritime security issues for an article, a feature film or a similar piece then please feel free to get in touch. I may not always be in a position to provide you with detailed information but I can at least give you some ideas and, more importantly, contacts.
Furthermore, I am regularly contributing articles and op-eds on maritime security, especially in sub-Saharan Africa. These have been published by general news outlets as well as in special interest magazines, including:
- Agence France-Presse
- BBC World News
- Lloyd’s List
- Ship & Offshore
- The Conversation
- Voice of America
- Wall Street Journal
Please contact me with any further enquiries or interview requests. My research areas include:
- piracy and armed robbery at sea
- the evolution of private maritime security companies
- ports and maritime trade in Africa
- offshore oil and gas exploration and production
- illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing
Some more details on my research can be found here.